30 August 2012

Autumn Winter palettes

My sketches are coming together just in time for the Lineapelle 'leather and components' trade show in Bologna, Italy next month. Lineapelle is held bi-annually - this will be my third visit to the fair, though it will be the first time I attend with the intention of ordering materials for my own collection. It's an amazing event, where the best of the leather & fabric industry come together to showcase their new season collections. Designers from all over the world descend upon the fair twice a year and there is no better place to find the perfect leather swatches and components for a collection. However, I have lots of work to do before then and with my sketches almost complete, it's time to start working on the colour palette. It's to be an Autumn Winter collection, so I'm tending towards warm 'fall like' tones in the main palette, with perhaps some hints of bottle and mint green. Here are a few photos from today's work - I'm just playing around with colours & swatch samples. Bisous x

mixing a nice soft pink to offset the warm ruby
initial palette
nice warm tones for winter
I'm certainly a messy worker
swatch samples AW13
swatch samples AW13
the swatch & concept sketch board - a work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment