16 August 2012

Back to the drawing board

I've finally put pencil back to paper this week and started drafting up concepts for my first collection. It's been such a busy 12 months and my designs have been put on the back burner for some time now, so it feels good to get back into the swing of things. The collection needs an awful lot of tweaking and for now I am just playing with themes and moods, trying to get my head around which direction I want to take them. My current sketches tend to be quite heavily influenced by the contrasts of the natural beauty of home and the urban grit of Paris. I have started firming up a couple of forms (shapes) and now I need to look at tone and materials. I took a few quick photos of yesterday's disorganised sketching session, I hope you enjoy. Bisous x 

quick sketches - day & night wear
playing around with swatches & colour
just a handful of inspiration 
texture & tone

No comments:

Post a Comment