26 September 2012

Paint dipped wooden spoons

A super simple project today! I was in London last week and came across a selection of wooden spoons, which had a gorgeous range of colourful handles. I got a little carried away and bundled up about 10 of them before even looking at the price - £10 each! You have to be kidding me, there is no way I was going to spend £100 on wooden spoons, no matter how colourful they were. I realised how easily this could be achieved at home, so when I arrived back in Paris on the weekend, I decided to make a few of my own. It was probably the easiest (and cheapest) project I have ever done. I bought a range of wooden cooking utensils for a total of €5, mixed up a nice ruby red, cream and soft pink and a few moments later, I was finished! Here's how it's done ... 

Buy yourself any mixture of wooden kitchen utensils
I think it looks best when you have a range of different coloured woods
Mix your favourite colours in a small pot, deep enough to submerge half of each handle
Dip the handles in one by one & try to give each a slightly different length
Allow to dry on a raised surface for a couple of hours
Voila! Some bright and fun new cooking accessories

2 comments: